The award will conferred on tourism regions that rely on culturally-focused brand management and have made the marketing of cultural events a part of their marketing strategy.
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Marketing: Culturally-focused brand management or culturally-focused seasonal or themed campaigns that blend harmoniously into brand management
- _Brand character: Enhanced cultural tourism offerings, such as major cultural events that financially benefit the regional brand and shape its image
- _Networking: Strategic integration of the destination management organization in areas such as urban or infrastructure development and the sustainability of the cultural and creative industries: Implementation of economic, environmental and social criteria
Who can apply for this category?
Anyone in Europe, regardless of their regional, national or international focus:
- _Tourism marketing companies
- _Regional tourism organizations
- _Tourism associations
- _Business development organizations
Please register using the online entry form. Please send your application documents by September 7, 2018 to the competition office. The confirmation of your competition entry will be sent together with a bill for the application fee, which must be paid within 14 days of receipt.
Please submit the following materials for a proposal in the "European Cultural Tourism Region of the Year" category:
- _Free-form presentation with a maximum of ten PDF pages or PowerPoint slides (please base these on the category's evaluation criteria)
- _At least two high resolution pictures of the brand
- _Printable logo of the brand
- _Evidence of marketing activities (fliers, posters, merchandising, any film material, ...)
The winners from previous years