The title "European Cultural Manager of the Year" is awarded to personalities who have distinguished themselves through professional arts management as well as exceptional forms of cultural mediation.
Evaluation criteria of the jury
- _Exemplary creative will and inventiveness
- _Courage to try new approaches to cultural mediation
- _Management competencies such as communicability, leadership and credibility
- _Cooperative thinking and networking
Who can make proposals for this category?
The submission is free and must be made through a third party. Both legal entities and individuals are allowed to make proposals. Anyone in Europe, regardless of their regional, national or international focus:
- _Decision-makers and dedicated employees from cultural projects and institutions
- _Cultural representatives of business enterprises
- _Managers and dedicated staff from agencies
- _Artistic directors, project managers, curators, etc.
Please register using the online entry form. Please send your application documents by August 31, 2018 to the competition office. Proposals for the category "European Cultural Manager of the Year" must be made through a third party. You should receive confirmation of your competition proposal shortly by mail.
Please submit the following materials for a proposal in the "European Cultural Manager of the Year" category:
- _Free-form presentation with a maximum of ten PDF pages or PowerPoint slides, or you can send us a personal statement explaining why you would like to be considered for the award (please base these on the category's evaluation criteria)
- _At least two high resolution pictures of the person
- _Printable logo of the workplace (optional)
- _Printed materials to document the effect (fliers, posters, ...) (optional)
- _Film materials (optional, if available)
The winners from previous years
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
Dr. Thomas Girst
2016 - special prize
for his previos lifework
Intendant der Staatsoper Berlin
Tate Modern London
2017 - Sonderpreis für
das bisherige Lebenswerk
Prof. Gereon Sievernich